Good post
Here's my story of what happend in the last year:
I used to be lazy like that untill I found out why I could never really get into sports after my 6 years of Judo. I Was ALWAYS tired, had 0 condition and was really weak. I couldn't even ride a bike for more then 10 minutes or my heart would go crazy and I would've been out of breath.
Starting school again in September I've gone to school a total of 2 days. Both of them I was so sick and tired just from the bike ride that I couldn't take it anymore.
I've had Pectus Excavatum my whole life though my old doctor always said: "Ohh I've seen much worse, Nothing to worry about". Boy did she get it wrong.
I moved from doctors and got a really nice new one, After all these complaints I went to him and he told me that he was 100% sure that 90% of the complaints were because of my Pectus.
I've been thinking about surgery and in no way was I going to do that I said to my self when I was 16.
But then when you feel so bad that you can't do a normal bike ride anymore I thought to my self: I'm able to do this RIGHT NOW, Fuck school that can wait, I want to be healthy again so I didn't have to worry about that stupid dent in my chest, Always faking confidence when going to a swimming pool.
I went to the hospital that did the surgery (Which was a specialized one since they only do about 60 of these surgerys per year) and they told me that I had to wait another YEAR, I couldn't wait that long, Luckily we had an amazing guy who put us on place for Januari 14th.
Went to the hospital on Januari 13th, Scared out of my life what was going to happen, Is this really going to go away? I needed to sleep there so they could monitor me. My dad had to leave me behind and went back home (which was an hour drive). It was the hardest thing that he had to do for me at least. Seeing your son laying there scared while you need to go home.
The next day I go into surgery, Holy shit was that weird. In 3 seconds you're gone, the next thing is you wake up from your sleep. I look down, My dent is gone. It didn't even hurt, Is this real? Is this really happening? I started smiling but was still really tired.
After that I had to recover for a week.
Was in a lot of pain (I got pain medication through my back so it would instantly go to my chest). The third day I sat there without pain medication for 2 hours, Dear god I've never felt so much pain it was crazy.
On the 4th day I began to get some really negative side effects from my medicines. Got a really nasty smell and I could smell everything twice as good with a bad small attached to it. Dear god was that bad. I told my mom: I can't take this anymore, I need to go home, I NEED TO GO HOME. But I had to stay there.
They weren't going to let me go on that 5th day but I kept on saying I needed to go. They finally released me from there and I was on my way home, Holding a scarf on my nose so I wouldn't smell the terrible smells.
Finally home, Had to vomit 5 times in a row from the smell but nothing came out because I hadn't eaten for 6 days. Crying from the pain I went to bed and could finally watch some TV and relax a little bit.
Finally ate some food and after 3 days the smell was finally gone.
Now comes the recovery part, I had to go to physiotherapy once a week.
I needed to train, So I went to a gym after 2 months.
Started slow, I couldn't do much really, Only a little bit of leg workout and that's it.
I'm in 5 months now, Gained 5KG(Yes!) Got a better condition (though still working on it) I'm not as tired anymore, Can lift some weights, Can do squats with a barbell(That was impossible a month ago) and I basically love working out. Also my posture is 10 times better now which I'm focusing on a lot more too.
What I achieved in 5 months I could've never done if I would've just sit there on my chair and do nothing. I'm really thankful for the people that helped me through all this, Lost some friends but hell, Has it been a though year for me.
After I'm fully done recovering (Which I hope is in a few months(Januari) ) I want to start doing Stronglifts 5x5, Going every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
What I also don't like about most IT guys is that they do not care about appearance. The amount of times I've heard from IT people "I don't care about appearance" is way too much.
A good wardrobe and a good hair style will get you a long way, The first impression is always the most important one, You'll be treated better if you're wearing something nice then being that guy that has the shitty pube beard, A ponytail and wears bandshirts + Gothic pants.
Finally here are some pics of my Before(left)taken 1 day before surgery and After(right)taken 1 week after surgery
Spoiler: