Login Register






How to create an image from a SSD drive? filter_list
Author
Message
How to create an image from a SSD drive? #1
Hello,
I have an SSD drive that using kind of Linux. It is an SSD drive for MITEL 3300 switch: https://www.telecomspares.com/images/icp...i%20II.jpg
I want to create a backup from it. The SSD drive has below structure:
Code:
$ lsblk -f NAME FSTYPE LABEL UUID                                FSAVAIL FSUSE% MOUNTPOINT sdc                                                                  ├─sdc1 │    vfat  /sysro │                020C-0000                                          ├─sdc2 │    vfat  /db  0257-0000                                          ├─sdc3 │    vfat  /vmail │                02F6-0000                                          ├─sdc4 │                                                                    ├─sdc5 │    vfat  /sysro │                036A-0000                                          ├─sdc6 │    vfat  /db  037F-0000                                          └─sdc7     vfat  /unused                   03FA-0000         
First, I unmounted all of the partitions:
Code:
$ sudo umount /dev/sdcX
Then, used below command to create a clone:
Code:
$ sudo dd if=/dev/sdc of=/home/jason/SSD.dd 234441648+0 records in 234441648+0 records out 120034123776 bytes (120 GB, 112 GiB) copied, 2850.17 s, 42.1 MB/s
And:
Code:
$ file SSD.dd SSD.dd: DOS/MBR boot sector; partition 1 : ID=0x6, active, start-CHS (0x0,1,1), end-CHS (0x8f,254,63), startsector 63, 2313297 sectors; partition 2 : ID=0xb, start-CHS (0x90,0,1), end-CHS (0x3ea,254,63), startsector 2313360, 13799835 sectors; partition 3 : ID=0xc, start-CHS (0x3eb,0,1), end-CHS (0x3ff,254,63), startsector 16113195, 29543535 sectors; partition 4 : ID=0xf, start-CHS (0x3ff,0,1), end-CHS (0x3ff,254,63), startsector 45656730, 188784918 sectors
After it, I plugged another SSD drive with the same capacity and executed below command to recover the image to this new SSD drive:
Code:
# dd if=SSD.dd | pv | dd of=/dev/sdc bs=1M 234441648+0 records iniB/s] [                      <=>                        ] 234441648+0 records out 120034123776 bytes (120 GB, 112 GiB) copied, 4376.66 s, 27.4 MB/s 111GiB 1:12:56 [26.2MiB/s] [                    <=>                          ] 1+2129501 records in 1+2129501 records out 120034123776 bytes (120 GB, 112 GiB) copied, 4415.03 s, 27.2 MB/s
But, when I plugged this new SSD to the switch then it doesn't work!


Thank you.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2020, 08:24 AM by Hack3rcon.)

Reply





Messages In This Thread
How to create an image from a SSD drive? - by Hack3rcon - 11-29-2020, 08:23 AM