Login Register






Marcus Hutchins, AKA MalwareTech, Has Been Arrested filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Marcus Hutchins, AKA MalwareTech, Has Been Arrested #9
(08-04-2017, 07:14 AM)Oni Wrote: I find it strange that he stopped WannaCry, but then had banking malware.

(08-04-2017, 01:34 PM)Skullmeat Wrote: Sometimes the good guys arent always good.

I wish people stopped choosing to see in black and white. There is no such thing as a white hat or black hat. Everyone single "hacker" is grey hat. Everyone conforms to their own morals and those morals never will align perfectly with each others.

This is how humanity works.

People have tried to conform morals via religion or pushing social norms but it won't work and it brings out extremity. While I don't agree with what he did, it was done nonetheless and he created the malware and exploited the issue(s). Instead of deciding if it was right or wrong, we should move forward and squash the bugs and the kinks.

So going back to my original statement, I don't really think it matters if it was right or wrong. There was an issue, it was exploitable, and we should fix it. He chose to go against what was socially unacceptable according to higher powers and now he will face the consequences.

It is what it is.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 04:05 AM by DarkMuse.)
Scientia potentia est

[Image: inkexplosion.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like DarkMuse's post
Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: Marcus Hutchins, AKA MalwareTech, Has Been Arrested - by DarkMuse - 08-20-2017, 04:02 AM