RE: Religion? 03-19-2016, 03:00 AM
#70
(03-19-2016, 02:53 AM)Primitive Wrote: I just wanted to let you know that your implication that a definition that might disagree with the context of how a web dictionary (or any dictionary) defines a word somehow invalidates an argument, you're delusional.
--
Also, Ad Hominen is not a fallacy of reasoning and logic if it's not the reason behind the argument. Simply because you feel as if you are insulted by another party, but the other party still has valid points, there is no fallacy. However, I agree that it is very cool that you attended high school English and remembered some parts of the list of fallacies your teacher passed out to you.
That's Ad Hominen as you are seemingly concluding your argument with an attribute of the other individual.
Refer to my post.
What about:
Quote:Anything else?Is that not Ad Hominen?
That statement has nothing to do with the argument, it is just to make people believe he has superior knowledge. It also implies that what I am saying is stupid.






![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)