RE: SSH (Secure Shell) Program? 01-13-2016, 09:00 AM
#10
(01-13-2016, 08:22 AM)The Real Slim Shady Wrote: Nope! doesn't work. One of the greatest benefits of using Linux is not having to use WindowsSo you don't get all the benefits of linux by using in a VM in Windows...
What makes Linux great is 1 part the tools (including GNU), 1 part the kernel (Unix, POSIX and various Linux-spesific extensions like epoll), and 1 part freedom (from Windows). A VM gives you 2/3.
I'm not a purist. Some people want or need Windows, for one reason or another. I run Linux on all my computers (ditched Windows completely when Steam entered beta on Linux), and only occasionally fire up a Windows VM when Wine fails me, but I realize my way is not for everyone.
Sorry for a serious reply to a tongue-in-cheek comment!



So you don't get all the benefits of linux by using in a VM in Windows... ![[Image: LocMEDM.png]](http://i.imgur.com/LocMEDM.png)
![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)