Login Register






Steam threats filter_list
Author
Message
Steam threats #1
I was contacted by someone (a bot) named Erüdo. He seemed legit at first, I play a csgo match with him, so I accepted his friend request. I saw Erüdo send me a message with a link to a file called Image_xxx.scr. I quickly looked up scams and such that can be seen on Steam, and I became aware of phishing, thanks to an article linked.

If I opened this file, the following tasks would have been performed:
  • Retrieves the current session ID of my Steam user account.
  • Gains access to my’s inventory / backpack.
  • Saves items onto an “offer list” for selling.
  • Displays an image in order to make me believe that what I actually opened is indeed an image file and not an actual application

I unfriend him and report it to Steam.

Article
[Image: master645.png]

“Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.” ― The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Steam threats - by Master - 04-20-2015, 10:34 AM
RE: Steam threats - by Inori - 04-20-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: Steam threats - by Oni - 04-20-2015, 12:56 PM
RE: Steam threats - by ねこまっしぐら - 04-20-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: Steam threats - by Alex - 04-21-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: Steam threats - by Nyx - 04-20-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: Steam threats - by Brynn - 04-21-2015, 02:05 AM
RE: Steam threats - by ねこまっしぐら - 04-21-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Steam threats - by Lysergide - 04-21-2015, 07:52 AM
RE: Steam threats - by Customer - 04-21-2015, 10:23 AM