RE: Traded my truck in 03-24-2015, 06:16 PM
#16
(03-24-2015, 03:10 PM)roger_smith Wrote: The solenoid pack runs about $100-$150. Again, if your car is working fine you obviously don't need one. It's just one of the pattern failures seen with the 41TE.
As far as there being a recall on it, no. Recalls are only typically issued for things that are safety concerns. Just because something is a pattern failure, doesn't mean they'll recall it. They might issue a TSB for it, but that doesn't do anything to help the end user as far as cost of repair; that's for the technician to be able to fix the problem faster and become familiar with common issues.
Did you request your build sheet from dodge yet? That's always informative and interesting. You can send them your VIN and they'll email you the sheet in a day or so.
The solenoid is an easy fix to me, maybe not to other people but I can get it for around $80 if needed hell I can even go the dumber route and buy a used one for $30.
And no I have not, don't really see the need to but I might just to see if anything interesting catches my eyes.




![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)