Raspberry pi idea 08-02-2014, 02:10 PM
#1
This is hard - but it would be so cool if it worked.
If I put a small camera on my raspberry pi, I could set up some scripts to take pictures every 10 seconds.
I was thinking putting an hot air balooon on the Raspbbery pi with camera and other stuff needed, and try to take it as high as possible to take pictures.
The only problem is that I need internet connection for it.
It would work if I was using satelite obviously, but the question is how you surf on satelite.
An another is how far up I can take it before it'll fall down.
If I was using a hot air balloon it wouldn't take much time before the fire would die and cause it to fall down.
An another idea is would to fill it with a gas lighter than air - this is where the science comes in handy.
![[Image: Periodic-Table-1.gif]](http://lyricsofmoviesongs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Periodic-Table-1.gif)
The periodic table tells me I should use Hydrogen!
Thought, it's probably not enough as it will not take it out in space as there's vaccum there and the hydrogen is heavier than vaccum obviously.
Anyone that can answer my problems?
EDIT:
Actually there are people who has already done this.
Thought, they didn't get it in an orbit around earth - they used some kind of gas, and it bursted after a while.
Instead of using internet they had it very secured and they were able to find it and recover it using a GPS afterwards!
If I put a small camera on my raspberry pi, I could set up some scripts to take pictures every 10 seconds.
I was thinking putting an hot air balooon on the Raspbbery pi with camera and other stuff needed, and try to take it as high as possible to take pictures.
The only problem is that I need internet connection for it.
It would work if I was using satelite obviously, but the question is how you surf on satelite.
An another is how far up I can take it before it'll fall down.
If I was using a hot air balloon it wouldn't take much time before the fire would die and cause it to fall down.
An another idea is would to fill it with a gas lighter than air - this is where the science comes in handy.
![[Image: Periodic-Table-1.gif]](http://lyricsofmoviesongs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Periodic-Table-1.gif)
The periodic table tells me I should use Hydrogen!

Thought, it's probably not enough as it will not take it out in space as there's vaccum there and the hydrogen is heavier than vaccum obviously.
Anyone that can answer my problems?

EDIT:
Actually there are people who has already done this.
Thought, they didn't get it in an orbit around earth - they used some kind of gas, and it bursted after a while.
Instead of using internet they had it very secured and they were able to find it and recover it using a GPS afterwards!


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)