RE: RE: "Should I or Shouldn't I?" Thread 09-07-2014, 12:19 AM
#19
(09-05-2014, 07:49 PM).Shebang Wrote: Well, from what I'm guessing, you're not particularly old (early 20's?). As such, I'm not sure if this is your first salaried job or not. If it is, that's a pretty solid start (£24,000 / $39,000). You will be splitting rent between three (?) people. Realistically, you should be spending 20-25% of your income at the most (£400 - £500 a month) on rent.
From there, that leaves you between £18,000 - £19,200. Now, figure out your commute. Is there a train, subway or bus that can get you there and back every day you're working? Do you need a car? If so, what sort of car insurance are you looking at? Do you rent a new one (I can tell you that's a now), or pay upfront for a used car?
I didn't factor in income taxes because I'm not sure which bracket you fall in, but keep that in mind as well. Also look out for tax breaks, because young people get quite a few breaks in Canada. Figure it might be the same there.
Just turned 20 in July. It's not my first salaried job. Depending on what you mean by that of course. I'm currently working, but not on the books (cash in hand - no tax). I've also had previous jobs, both on and off the books.
Yeah you're right though. I need to properly and carefully plan everything out down to the last T. As this develops I will go more and more in depth with everything and start sorting everything out.
















![[Image: F4Z9Dqw.png]](https://i.imgur.com/F4Z9Dqw.png)
![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)