Login Register






New PC - Need help! filter_list
Author
Message
RE: New PC - Need help! #8
(04-06-2014, 11:16 AM)Flareon Wrote: I have looked into it but I'm unsure what's good really.


You think I haven't looked? Suggest the parts then "genius".

Look, I didn't mean to come off as an asshole. I'll gladly pick out some parts I think would suite you well. I will edit this post / post a new post when I collect them.

If you get this combination of parts be sure to update the motherboard BIOS. It's usually simple.
Spoiler:
"Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs."

Parts:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3n2Iw
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3n2Iw/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3n2Iw/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($58.00 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($78.59 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $601.54 (less than your budget)

Yes, the PSU is over kill for this build but it's in case you want to add a better graphics card or two later as well as upgrade the cpu etc.

P.S. Pirate windows... It's so easy to get a fully legitimate looking copy that still updates after activation has expired.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2014, 06:38 PM by Cake.)

Reply





Messages In This Thread
New PC - Need help! - by Flareon - 04-05-2014, 10:07 PM
RE: New PC - Need help! - by lux - 04-05-2014, 10:12 PM
RE: New PC - Need help! - by Sirius - 04-05-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: New PC - Need help! - by Nyx - 04-05-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: New PC - Need help! - by Cake - 04-05-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: New PC - Need help! - by Flareon - 04-06-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: New PC - Need help! - by Cake - 04-06-2014, 06:33 PM
RE: New PC - Need help! - by cr33pyguy - 04-06-2014, 11:27 AM