Login Register






Anxiety and Depression filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Anxiety and Depression #2
I have "suffered" from depression myself, though that was at a rather young age. ( Age 9-12 ) Thus we most likely don't share the same reason for the said depression, and it may be a little difficult to help you out with that point unless I know the reason behind the depression. Though if you have no wish to comment on that reason, then I fully understand that. However, I will tell you the reason and how I managed to rid me of my depression 4 years ago. You see, the cause of depression was the loss of someone dear to me, someone who I viewed as more important than both myself and my parents. Someone who had been with me from by birth until her death. My grandmother is whom I speak if, as my parents often worked or weren't home for other reasons when I was a child. I often spent my time at my grandfathers, and I made a bond with my grandmother which could be viewed in the same manner as with your mother. ( By that I mean as the same bond as with a mother who is/was a housewife. Always home in other words )

Anyhow, upon her rather early death. I was engulfed with depression to the extent that it started to show physical on me. Once I came to that point, I took a stand and started to think on something. I started to think why I was feeling depressed, and once I figured that out I started to think of solutions to fixing that. I though that, if the very person who gave all she had to keep me happy and then she died so young. Then who am I to step on her memory by ruining what she fought so dearly for? I came to the conclusion that if living for myself would only cause me to ruin memories of those who had fought for me, then I would not live for myself anymore. I would rather live for those who had died and fought to give me a life and happiness. I decided that I wanted to live for others, that I wanted to help others as much as I can and to bring happiness to whomever I can.

As I said, your cause of depression may be different than mine. But the main point still stands! You must find the solution, and you'll find that by finding the problem and there is always a solution to a problem. A problem exists so that a solution may exist. I am also afraid that I am not able to help you out with your Anxiety problem, as I have little to no knowledge about that topic. ( Though I do have a minor suffering of it )

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Anxiety and Depression - by Otaku - 01-20-2014, 02:27 AM