RE: Israel crush: 45 Dead 05-01-2021, 08:13 AM
#5
(05-01-2021, 05:02 AM)mothered Wrote:(04-30-2021, 05:43 PM)Oni Wrote: It feels like someone should be charged with murder, but they're all collectively responsible.It wasn't Intentional, but rather an unfortunate accident, so It'll be pretty difficult for anyone to stand trial for murder.
I think officials have said they're treating it as a tragedy. It is difficult to pin this on any one person, as the fault doesn't lie with any one singular person. I can't see how anyone being charged would help solve anything, either. I think they just need to seriously think about how the event is organised to prevent dangerous flows of people from crushing each other. There's actually a fair amount of research into crowding, especially in relation to people getting to emergency exits/in times of crisis.
If you like to read about research studies, I've linked it below:
Research into Crowd behaviour during high-stress evacuations
![[Image: 4GNsK67.png]](http://i.imgur.com/4GNsK67.png)























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)