Login Register




Poll: Is this a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
94.74%
18 94.74%
No
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]



Prevent Links From New Members filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Prevent Links From New Members #11
I see how it could help, but I think it would encourage LQ posting, or drive people off.


RE: Prevent Links From New Members #12
(05-09-2019, 05:21 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: I see how it could help, but I think it would encourage LQ posting, or drive people off.

If it's only 5 posts - I don't really see how it encourages LQ posting. Anything that's particularly bad ought to be reported anyway. Like the people who post "thankssssssssss" just so they can meet the character limit...
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]


RE: Prevent Links From New Members #13
(05-09-2019, 05:35 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 05:21 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: I see how it could help, but I think it would encourage LQ posting, or drive people off.

If it's only 5 posts - I don't really see how it encourages LQ posting. Anything that's particularly bad ought to be reported anyway. Like the people who post "thankssssssssss" just so they can meet the character limit...

This ^

I've lost count as to the number of times I've come across (and still do) posts of this nature.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]


RE: Prevent Links From New Members #14
(05-08-2019, 07:00 AM)Oni Wrote: I may add a feature that prevents the posting of links from new members (i.e. less than 5, 10, or 15 posts). I wanted opinions on the idea, as it could prevent new people from sharing news articles, or otherwise contributing. At the same time, it would severely hinder the spammers we've been receiving.

Being able to post a link as a newcomer was the thing that got me to this forum, maybe make it a little harder for people with under 5 posts, Show them an ad before they can post a link for example.
My telegram @Hutsom
Need verified accounts? KYC plug


RE: Prevent Links From New Members #15
With this suggestion this could stop this:
[Image: rkN5ei4.png]

Also I'd suggest a captcha for new members without 15 posts to prevent bots like this.

[+] 1 user Likes slothic's post

RE: Prevent Links From New Members #16
(05-09-2019, 06:46 PM)slothic Wrote: With this suggestion this could stop this:
[Image: rkN5ei4.png]

Also I'd suggest a captcha for new members without 15 posts to prevent bots like this.

Actually, a captcha is an interesting idea.
That example is exactly the kind of thing we want to target. There are far too many. Although, it can be a giggle when the bots start replying to each other Wink
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Jiggly's post

RE: Prevent Links From New Members #17
(05-09-2019, 06:46 PM)slothic Wrote: With this suggestion this could stop this:
[Image: rkN5ei4.png]

Also I'd suggest a captcha for new members without 15 posts to prevent bots like this.

I banned him It yesterday.

Nice suggestion with the CAPTCHA.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Prevent Links From New Members #18
15 posts for privileges seems fair. It kind of sucks but it is a good practice that limits spamming.


RE: Prevent Links From New Members #19
(05-09-2019, 06:46 PM)slothic Wrote: With this suggestion this could stop this:
[Image: rkN5ei4.png]

Also I'd suggest a captcha for new members without 15 posts to prevent bots like this.

Great idea.
Or even, implement a miner's captcha , for just that extra bit of money, contributing to hosting, etc.
johnngnky#5687 BANNED - permed, appeal failed.


contact me exclusively using the below email.

contact@Johnngnky.xyz


RE: Prevent Links From New Members #20
(05-11-2019, 06:01 AM)Green Man Wrote: 15 posts for privileges seems fair. It kind of sucks but it is a good practice that limits spamming.

I agree that 15 Is a fair figure.

I've known other boards to have doubled that amount, which Is a little excessive.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]