Login Register






Windows 10 To Block Popular Torrent Sites filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Windows 10 To Block Popular Torrent Sites #11
If it is the Hosts file then thats an easy fix and not really a problem.
minimalist and flat designer

Reply

RE: Windows 10 To Block Popular Torrent Sites #12
(08-09-2017, 05:55 PM)Ender Wrote: @DarkMuse I was before the reddit wave, and we have plenty of reasons to dislike it.

Also, Windows is constantly shit on.

EDIT:
Wait a minute...
Kodi isn't illegal...

That's how you know it's fake news Tongue Just like torrenting isn't illegal, it's literally just a file transfer protocol. Before bittorrent, people used ftp and usenets

[+] 1 user Likes phyrrus9's post
Reply

RE: Windows 10 To Block Popular Torrent Sites #13
(08-10-2017, 06:50 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: Just like torrenting isn't illegal, it's literally just a file transfer protocol.

Spot on.

I've always supported torrents and always will. They're simply providing a gateway to the content, much the same as Google Is providing a gateway to access torrent sites. So the question remains, why Is torrenting considered Illegal (by copyright holders) and Google Isn't?
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: Windows 10 To Block Popular Torrent Sites #14
(08-10-2017, 03:17 PM)mothered Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 06:50 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: Just like torrenting isn't illegal, it's literally just a file transfer protocol.

Spot on.

I've always supported torrents and always will. They're simply providing a gateway to the content, much the same as Google Is providing a gateway to access torrent sites. So the question remains, why Is torrenting considered Illegal (by copyright holders) and Google Isn't?

Many of the things that are considered "illegal" come from misinformed parents that indoctrinate their children into believing it. Example article: here
Spoiler:
fake as hell, but absolutely hilarious. Some parents (when I was a child, this included mine), actually take these things seriously and think this article is 100% fact

[+] 1 user Likes phyrrus9's post
Reply

RE: Windows 10 To Block Popular Torrent Sites #15
(08-10-2017, 07:06 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote: Many of the things that are considered "illegal" come from misinformed parents that indoctrinate their children into believing it. Example article:  here
Spoiler:
fake as hell, but absolutely hilarious. Some parents (when I was a child, this included mine), actually take these things seriously and think this article is 100% fact

This article has made my weekend an even better one. It's not only hilarious, but also ridiculous.

I'm not going to quote each and every detail on the site on what I believe Is a complete exaggeration- you've already done that by providing the link. I will however, quote this (absolutely absurd):
Quote:Has your son radically changed his appearance?
If your son has undergone a sudden change in his style of dress, you may have a hacker on your hands.

My nephew has recently updated his wardrobe with new clothes. Luckily I read this, he may well be a hacker (LOL).
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post
Reply

RE: Windows 10 To Block Popular Torrent Sites #16
(08-11-2017, 06:39 AM)mothered Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 07:06 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote: Many of the things that are considered "illegal" come from misinformed parents that indoctrinate their children into believing it. Example article:  here
Spoiler:
fake as hell, but absolutely hilarious. Some parents (when I was a child, this included mine), actually take these things seriously and think this article is 100% fact

This article has made my weekend an even better one. It's not only hilarious, but also ridiculous.

I'm not going to quote each and every detail on the site on what I believe Is a complete exaggeration- you've already done that by providing the link. I will however, quote this (absolutely absurd):
Quote:Has your son radically changed his appearance?
If your son has undergone a sudden change in his style of dress, you may have a hacker on your hands.

My nephew has recently updated his wardrobe with new clothes. Luckily I read this, he may well be a hacker (LOL).

the article is obviously about a tech-oriented raver, but its still awesome

Reply

RE: Windows 10 To Block Popular Torrent Sites #17
Good. now maybe people will stop using that piece of shit operating system.

Reply

RE: Windows 10 To Block Popular Torrent Sites #18
people will just find another way around it

Reply

RE: Windows 10 To Block Popular Torrent Sites #19
Yet another reason why I use Linux, specifically the Solus operating system!
Jamie Dignam | miqrojamie

Reply

RE: Windows 10 To Block Popular Torrent Sites #20
This is a hoax that has been floating around for awhile. I remember hearing this when Windows 10 launched.

Reply