RE: UK Leaving EU 06-24-2016, 02:51 PM
#11
(06-24-2016, 02:47 PM)Dyme Wrote:(06-24-2016, 02:41 PM)Axari Wrote: I'm not saying that they have no place in the economy, I'm just saying that there is a limit, because at this point, only a handful of EU countries are being FLOODED with unskilled labour. I admit I did not know the actual statistics of UK's acceptance.
So what does this have to do with the EU again? The EU doesn't get to dictate how many refugees each of the countries has to accept - they are more focused around ensuring mattress manufactures have a fire retardant label on their products...
It also pains me that the Brexit people and others are so quick to turn these refugees away. "Well they don't help us so why the fuck should we take them!". Perhaps maybe because they are fleeing war and have no where else to go? Have we as a society really lost the bare amount of empathy needed to help these people? They are refugees from WAR. Their homes have been over run by an organization that beheads, drowns, and tortures the people who they capture. Where exactly do you want them to go? "Anywhere but I live" is not an acceptable answer.
The problem is a pretty good chunk of the "refugees" aren't from Syria at all. They're from countries in Africa, India, Egypt, Pakistan, etc. They're all coming to Europe and claiming they're Syrians for refugee status. Also, they are dictating how many refugees each country has to accept. In fact, here's a quote:
Quote:The European Union announced a new plan Wednesday to deal with asylum seekers, requiring member states to accept certain numbers under a quota system and imposing 250,000-euro-per-migrant fines if the countries do not.My source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eur...story.html
That is precisely what you say isn't happening.







![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)


![[Image: 3069.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f...3116f3bcfe]](https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/1fb026c450352f0372cd4eaef7f6595ed70f7fe3/55_0_3069_1842/master/3069.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=dd2a9e295d7532c4b805b13116f3bcfe)

![[Image: _88578063_chart_top10_origins_of_asylum_...s_2015.jpg]](http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/8CF7/production/_88578063_chart_top10_origins_of_asylum_seekers_2015.jpg)

