Login Register






FBI plans on changing Rule 41 allowing federal global hacking filter_list
Author
Message
FBI plans on changing Rule 41 allowing federal global hacking #1
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/06/he...es-rule-41

Quote:The Department of Justice is using an obscure procedure to push through a rule change that will greatly increase law enforcement’s ability to hack into computers located around the world. It’s an update to Rule 41 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure. If Congress does nothing, this massive change will automatically go into effect on December 1.
Wanna chat? send a PM

Reply

RE: FBI plans on changing Rule 41 allowing federal global hacking #2
What does it mean by increase law enforcement's ability to? In what way was it restricted before and isn't now? I'm not too clued up on this, especially as I'm no hacker myself.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: FBI plans on changing Rule 41 allowing federal global hacking #3
(06-19-2016, 09:22 PM)Jiggly Wrote: What does it mean by increase law enforcement's ability to? In what way was it restricted before and isn't now? I'm not too clued up on this, especially as I'm no hacker myself.

They'd more frequently hack into computers and leave more exploits in softwares to perform more surveillance as far as I understood.

I'm not concerned about this to be honest. Go for it.

Reply

RE: FBI plans on changing Rule 41 allowing federal global hacking #4
(06-19-2016, 09:56 PM)Ruptured Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 09:22 PM)Jiggly Wrote: What does it mean by increase law enforcement's ability to? In what way was it restricted before and isn't now? I'm not too clued up on this, especially as I'm no hacker myself.

They'd more frequently hack into computers and leave more exploits in softwares to perform more surveillance as far as I understood.

I'm not concerned about this to be honest. Go for it.

I'd laugh if they end up hiring more hackers because of this.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: FBI plans on changing Rule 41 allowing federal global hacking #5
the FBI will be going for tor and vpn users specifically! The FBI won't even need a warrant for this! Anyone using privacy software will be targeted.
Wanna chat? send a PM

[+] 1 user Likes CyberOperator's post
Reply

RE: FBI plans on changing Rule 41 allowing federal global hacking #6
(06-20-2016, 12:37 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 09:56 PM)Ruptured Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 09:22 PM)Jiggly Wrote: What does it mean by increase law enforcement's ability to? In what way was it restricted before and isn't now? I'm not too clued up on this, especially as I'm no hacker myself.

They'd more frequently hack into computers and leave more exploits in softwares to perform more surveillance as far as I understood.

I'm not concerned about this to be honest. Go for it.

I'd laugh if they end up hiring more hackers because of this.

Yep, this. Spurs the economy, I'm not concerned really. Abuse is rampant right now in the government the way it is.

Reply

RE: FBI plans on changing Rule 41 allowing federal global hacking #7
(06-20-2016, 12:44 AM)CyberOperator Wrote: the FBI will be going for tor and vpn users specifically! The FBI won't even need a warrant for this! Anyone using privacy software will be targeted.

At least they might catch some sickos. I think many people who have nothing to hide won't really care.

Reply

RE: FBI plans on changing Rule 41 allowing federal global hacking #8
(06-20-2016, 06:53 AM)Ruptured Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 12:44 AM)CyberOperator Wrote: the FBI will be going for tor and vpn users specifically! The FBI won't even need a warrant for this! Anyone using privacy software will be targeted.

At least they might catch some sickos. I think many people who have nothing to hide won't really care.

[Image: CGUZYhnWwAAUFCJ.png]

Reply

RE: FBI plans on changing Rule 41 allowing federal global hacking #9
(06-20-2016, 07:45 AM)superMAUS Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 06:53 AM)Ruptured Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 12:44 AM)CyberOperator Wrote: the FBI will be going for tor and vpn users specifically! The FBI won't even need a warrant for this! Anyone using privacy software will be targeted.

At least they might catch some sickos. I think many people who have nothing to hide won't really care.

[Image: CGUZYhnWwAAUFCJ.png]

Good quote, fits grandiose.

It can't be helped once they're up for it. Or can it?

I'm sure there will be advice on how to protect oneself against the surveillance after a while.

Reply