Israel crush: 45 Dead 04-30-2021, 04:54 PM
#1
![[Image: SEC_76868314.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo...=964%2C506]](https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/SEC_76868314.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=964%2C506)
At the Lag B'Omer religious festival in Israel on Thursday, 45 were killed in a massive crush of people that occurred along a narrow path. Thousands of people turned out for the biggest gathering in Israel since the beginning of the pandemic. The narrow path was so packed that when a few people tripped and fell, it resulted in a wave of people being forcefully swept along and crushed. Children were also present and hurt.
Witnesses described some really harrowing scenes:
Code:
A man who gave his name as David said he was going in to see the bonfire lighting when "suddenly there was a wave coming out".
"Our bodies were swept along by themselves. People were thrown up in the air - others were crushed on the ground," he told Ynet news.
"There was a kid there who kept pinching my leg, fighting for his life. We waited to be rescued for 15-20 minutes in this crazy, terrible crush. It was awful."
One survivor who was taken to hospital told the Kan public broadcaster that "no-one knew what to do".
"It started with heavy crowding. There was a lot of people on top of me. I was lying on someone else who wasn't breathing. There were screams, chaos. I saw children underneath me. The only thing going through my mind was that I didn't want my child to be an orphan."
A pilgrim who gave his name as Yitzhak told Channel 12 TV: "We thought maybe there was a (bomb) alert over a suspicious package. No one imagined that this could happen here. Rejoicing became mourning, a great light became a deep darkness."
One pilgrim who did not give his name said there was a "carousel" effect and people were pushed right and left.
"After 20 minutes I think people started suffocating so they wanted to get out, but no-one was able to get out. There were people under me who were not breathing anymore. There were horrible screams of 'I can't breathe'."
He said the screams slowly stopped and the scene was "chaos".
Another eyewitness told Maariv: "We were at the entrance, we decided we wanted to get out and then the police blocked the gate, so whoever wanted to get out could not get out. In that hurry we fell on each other, I thought I was going to die.
"I saw people dead next to me."Source
![[Image: 4GNsK67.png]](http://i.imgur.com/4GNsK67.png)
























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)




![[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/7ajmN5P.jpg)



