RE: Cheap laptop 01-25-2021, 04:47 PM
#34
(01-25-2021, 10:52 AM)Oni Wrote:(01-24-2021, 03:00 PM)☣︎︎︎︎℟︎|†︎|NG0 Wrote:(01-23-2021, 08:01 PM)Oni Wrote: The pre-Dell ones seemed to be the most durable, with the least problems. I've owned 2-3 Alienwares in the past and I'd avoid them entirely if you can. The laptops @Jiggly has mentioned all had their own set of issues and the M18x actually had its motherboard replaced twice. I've had even worse experiences with Razr laptops. I'd instead recommend Lenovo, Asus, or Acer.I just have to say this.
I dont think alienware are bad at all. I have my alienware and it has a soft surface and works perfectly. The buttons are nice to touch and the computer runs smoothly with Linux installed on it. It doesnt have any compitability issues at all and works well with everything. Alienware are popular computers among hackers too. Acer PC's in my opinion usually tend to not have that great durability, if that's what youre looking for. Also, AW computers can have things like Intel i9 processors because they are so powerful, not all can have that.
I'm not here to invalidate your experience, though you've only owned it a year. I've owned the M18x/M17x and M15x/M14x. All of these laptops were from around 2010 and all of them had problems in some form or another. Your results may vary, but I won't recommend them. Your brand loyalty has nothing to do with being a "hacker". Lenovo, Asus, and Acer all make laptops with i9s.
I have some laptops that still work after 15 years, but none of the Alienwares met my expectations past the 3 year mark. Between motherboard replacements, incompetent support, and poor build quality (bad hinges/bad finishing) it is really hard to say anything in their favor. It is well-documented that laptops made by them during those years suffered problems. I hope for your sake things have improved since.
Maybe the ones from 2010 had some issues. But maybe the newer ones have fixed those issues? The issues that were with older computers maybe not exist with new ones. Mine works very well and I havent experienced any issues. And when it seems to you like it isnt a good label or brand, that's what sounds like something you just made up because you didnt like it personally. Emotional arguments. I mean, if I have that computer, atleast I should get to say that i disagree with you if you think its not good.



![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)