RE: Trump Demands for $2000 Stimulus Check 12-28-2020, 12:37 PM
#10
(12-28-2020, 12:26 PM)Oni Wrote:(12-28-2020, 11:28 AM)mothered Wrote:(12-28-2020, 11:12 AM)Oni Wrote: However, I don't think $600 is enough to keep someone that is unemployed afloat very long.It depends on one's circumstances.
If you live alone with one mouth to feed, and a house paid off and no debts, $600 Is more than enough.
I'm speaking from experience.
It would probably last a lot longer in those circumstances, but I doubt it would be a nice or manageable lifestyle. The original stimulus check ($1200) was sent in April, and I doubt many people survived 9 months on that money alone. At the very least, I don't see it being an incentive to remain unemployed. The average rent for most states is $800+.
I've really struggled to understand why these cheques are the amount they are. Everyone's needs are totally different from one person to the next. So why aren't these more means tested? And why is it one lump sum here and there. And what the hell is $600 going to do for a family out of work and unable to hit rent?
![[Image: 4GNsK67.png]](http://i.imgur.com/4GNsK67.png)























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)