Login Register






Mouse/Keyboard/Storage Lose Power At Night filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Mouse/Keyboard/Storage Lose Power At Night #12
(11-14-2020, 04:31 AM)Drako Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 03:18 AM)mothered Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 08:07 PM)Drako Wrote: I think I narrowed down my problem to my HDD. Now I seem to be losing power to only my HDD. When this actually happens I hear a high pitched noise coming out of the drive, and Windows then slowly starts to lockup. Before the drive was starting to lockup I was able to install Crystal Disk Info. I checked how many active hours there were on the drive, and there are nearly 10,000 on it. And that's enough time for a drive failure.

I'll be cloning my whole drive over to another HDD to give myself some time to buy an SSD. I really hope this solves my problem.
CrystalDiskInfo Is a powerful tool to see exactly what's going on with your drive.

I'm very Interested to read whether the SSD will solve the Issue.

I finished the cloning process about 30 minutes ago. I have everything setup and I'm currently running off of the new HDD. It actually feels slighty snappier than my older HDD, which is a good sign.

The only issue I'm facing right now is a bug in Windows that puts the Recovery Partition before your actual boot partition. And this prevents you from increasing your boot partition size. I've already found a way to fix this though.

I'll provide any updates if they're necessary.
Sounds positive so far.

Please quote me If you experience the same/similar Issue.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: Mouse/Keyboard/Storage Lose Power At Night - by mothered - 11-14-2020, 09:07 AM