Login Register






Mouse/Keyboard/Storage Lose Power At Night filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Mouse/Keyboard/Storage Lose Power At Night #4
(11-02-2020, 08:59 PM)Skullmeat Wrote: Windows has a power save feature that will turn off USB devices when they are not in use, as well as your HDD. I would check that first. It's unlikely that issues with the power grid would effect your devices and not the PC itself. Go to Control Panel > View by Large Icons > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > USB selective suspend setting and switch it to disabled.

[Image: rundll32_2020-11-02_13-59-19.png]

Try that and see if it helps.

I didn't have the issue Thursday night. I haven't been able to use my computer since then, so I'm not sure if the issue has picked back up again or not.

I did check my power plan settings and USB selective suspend was on, so maybe it had something to do with my problem. It's now disabled.

(11-03-2020, 05:11 AM)mothered Wrote:
Quote:So I realized the only thing that could be causing this was the electrical infrastructure in my area.
If It's Isolated to the said devices, then I don't believe that's the Issue.

Did you lose power to any other device/appliance etc?

I have an electrical usage meter now, so later tonight at around 1:00 AM I'll plug in the meter and see if my voltage drops at all.

And from what I can tell I haven't lost any power to anything else around my house. I've had my TV on while I lost power to the devices connected to my computer, and the TV would still be running. But of course TVs are a bit more forgiving when it comes to electrical spikes or decreases. But that was the only other appliance I had on in my room at the time.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2020, 10:16 PM by Drako.)

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: Mouse/Keyboard/Storage Lose Power At Night - by Drako - 11-03-2020, 10:16 PM