RE: Europe into another lockdown 11-01-2020, 09:24 AM
#4
(11-01-2020, 02:48 AM)mothered Wrote: The Issue Is, as soon as restrictions are lifted the virus begins to spread- It's just common sense, so I don't understand how the government thinks/believes otherwise.
Unless a vaccine Is found, It will not simply go away.
(11-01-2020, 06:49 AM)Oni Wrote:(11-01-2020, 02:48 AM)mothered Wrote: The Issue Is, as soon as restrictions are lifted the virus begins to spread- It's just common sense, so I don't understand how the government thinks/believes otherwise.
Unless a vaccine Is found, It will not simply go away.
Some states loosened restrictions, only to find the virus spread more right after. As soon as they allow people, they're back at the bars/clubs spreading it again. Endless cycle.
I agree with both of you. Most of the news talk last night was about how this is an imperfect solution. A lot of people were criticisng the government for it "not being enough" and because it's not a long term solution. However, I didn't hear a single source offer a better long-term solution (besides hope the vaccines work out).
To be perfectly honest, our gov was extremely transparent about why they were doing it. They went through graph after graph of data and facts. The simple truth of it is, it's a delay tactic to prevent our NHS from being overrun. All the predictive modelling, even accounting for uncertainty, predict the hospitals will surpass their maximum capacity (including the temporary nightingale hospitals) within a matter of weeks.
Looking at the case count as of late (and accounting for the increase in testing), you can see how severely these cases are rising. Regional, localised lockdowns do appear to have some impact on slowing the virus down.
Of course, I can only comment for own nation.
![[Image: 4GNsK67.png]](http://i.imgur.com/4GNsK67.png)
























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)