RE: What was your first Anime? 10-27-2020, 08:36 PM
#165
(10-27-2020, 08:02 PM)mothered Wrote:(10-27-2020, 11:35 AM)Oni Wrote: There were even cheap vending machines that would put out the knockoff cards. Some of the authentic cards are worth a fortune now.Now that you've mentioned It, I remember there was one machine at my local convenience store.
In terms of the cards, I'll hit a Google search after work today and see what they're worth.
There's a couple cards that are now worth >$100,000:
https://www.dicebreaker.com/games/pokemo...emon-cards
Wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of them are in people's attics.
(10-27-2020, 04:40 PM)blackrosex0x0 Wrote:(10-27-2020, 11:35 AM)Oni Wrote:(10-27-2020, 08:43 AM)mothered Wrote: Back In the 90s, I remember people selling rare Pokémon cards for 20+ dollars each.
And then there were a heap of fakes, claiming to be the real deal.
There were even cheap vending machines that would put out the knockoff cards. Some of the authentic cards are worth a fortune now.
I definitely got ripped off and scammed a few times dealing with some shit nosed kids in my Elementary days. I can thank Pokémon for learning lessons of not trusting everyone at a young age lol
I still follow the Pokémon card craze, there's been a huge surge this year in vintage cards. I recently saw a video of Logan Paul buying a 1st Edition Charizard in mint condition for $150,000.
A few years ago I got into a little bit of buying and selling Pokémon cards on Ebay. It's crazy how much the prices have skyrocketed in just a few years. I'm content with my collection though and don't plan on ever selling my cards again. They have too much of a nostalgic factor for me and I have some regrets selling a few Charizard's that are probably worth way more now than what I sold them for.
Very relatable. The worst thing about the knockoff cards, was that people would trade them around. Sometimes it wouldn't be evident until you looked closer, after making the swap.












![[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/7ajmN5P.jpg)
![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)