Login Register






Otaku Japanese Snacks filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Japanese Snacks #13
(09-11-2020, 09:47 PM)Drako Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 07:55 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 05:06 PM)Drako Wrote: I have tried one Japanese candy in my entire life, which is really a shame. A long lost friend of mine brought them over to one of my other friend's house one night. I think his dad was on a business trip in Japan and that's how he got his hands on the candy. The candy came in a bag about the size of a single serving bag of chips. I'll never forget what they tasted like though. But I couldn't remember the name of them if it was for my life. The candy was kind of like a Gusher if it was a little smaller than a Tidepod (weird comparison I know). And they definitely tasted way better than Gushers. The filling was sweet but not overpowering. And they came in different flavors too.

Oops, sorry. I actually missed your reply. If I knew what a gusher was I could probably try and help identify whatever it was you had.

Update: I just tried googling it... Don't ever google the word "gushers". Big mistake. Especially not "Japanese gushers".

(09-11-2020, 07:55 PM)Skullmeat Wrote: I did talk to someone who has family there. He said right now with school and COVID-19 it might be awhile, but he said if I reminded him he'd try to find some and bring it back. That way he could just ship it from within the US. Id rather not ask him to do that though. I'm not even sure you can find it in stores there.

That's a not half bad idea. I often bring Oni British snacks when I come to visit.

I assume Japanese Gushers came up with some wild results. I've never seen Gushers outside of the U.S. before so sorry for the confusion. Here's a picture of what I was talking about if you couldn't find the candy.

[Image: r6itpnbqmnx5gmzbuzog.jpg]

Ahh thank you. Actually, if those are things with the liquid inside, I'm not sure I've come across a Japanese version. I don't think the store I buy from stocks them. Shame!
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 09-11-2020, 11:24 AM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by mothered - 09-11-2020, 12:26 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Oni - 09-11-2020, 02:13 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 09-11-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Drako - 09-11-2020, 05:06 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Skullmeat - 09-11-2020, 07:17 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 09-11-2020, 07:33 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Skullmeat - 09-11-2020, 07:36 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 09-11-2020, 07:53 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Skullmeat - 09-11-2020, 07:55 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 09-11-2020, 07:55 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Drako - 09-11-2020, 09:47 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 09-12-2020, 12:09 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Oni - 09-12-2020, 01:30 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Ayann41 - 09-12-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jusluvn - 09-12-2020, 09:01 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 09-13-2020, 11:31 AM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Oni - 09-13-2020, 11:35 AM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 09-13-2020, 01:30 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jusluvn - 09-13-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by tanksy - 09-22-2020, 01:52 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 09-22-2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Skullmeat - 09-24-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 09-24-2020, 09:07 AM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by claire124 - 01-27-2021, 01:58 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 01-27-2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by EdinStops - 02-03-2021, 11:02 AM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 02-05-2021, 04:47 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by reaandam - 02-09-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by HemmyngsKylee - 02-28-2021, 04:20 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 02-28-2021, 09:37 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by cleopants - 03-02-2021, 05:14 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Skullmeat - 03-17-2021, 05:08 AM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Seriium - 03-17-2021, 10:07 AM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by d4ggm4sk - 03-17-2021, 03:56 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 03-18-2021, 11:54 AM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by d4ggm4sk - 03-19-2021, 10:45 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 03-20-2021, 09:33 AM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by d4ggm4sk - 03-20-2021, 11:06 AM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 03-20-2021, 12:53 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by d4ggm4sk - 03-20-2021, 03:16 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 03-20-2021, 05:54 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by d4ggm4sk - 03-20-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Skullmeat - 03-26-2021, 07:22 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 03-26-2021, 07:27 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Yoted - 03-29-2021, 06:41 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by juicevert - 06-09-2021, 01:37 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by kuyaya - 06-10-2021, 01:41 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Jiggly - 06-10-2021, 04:40 PM
RE: Japanese Snacks - by Greenleaf - 07-29-2021, 07:54 PM