RE: New Build [ Not Finished ] 07-21-2020, 03:57 PM
#4
(07-21-2020, 04:23 AM)Drako Wrote: Just nearly completed a huge upgrade from my old system I was running. My old system had an FX 8320, a GTX 770, 8GB DDR3. Back when it was built, it was modest, but I decided it was old enough and I built this. And the reason I say it isn't finished is because I can't get my 16GB of G.Skill Trident Z RAM working. It hasn't booted in two motherboards so far. I'll be testing it in one more MSI motherboard, and if it doesn't work I'll return the G.Skill Trident Z and buy some Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB. For now I'm using 8GB. Some games crash due to low RAM, but I'll be good for a few days.i think its just because more people are building their own pc to make the time go faster during the pandemic, i don't think the price would be as high as when everyone wanted to start crypto-mining. At that time, 1080s were selling for around $1k due to how high the demand was, but their priced dropped since.
On to my specs.
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
RAM (For now) - Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x2GB
GPU - Zotac GTX 1070
Motherboard (For now) - Asus ROG B450-F
Storage - 500GB SN550 WD NVMe SSD, 500GB WD HDD
PSU - Spire 550W
Case - Cougar MX330
The GPU was a steal to be honest. It was only $230 on eBay, refurbished by Zotac. And that's a great price on a 1070. Right now the prices are quite high. Either because the pandemic, or because they aren't being produced as much, or not at all. NVidia is slowly moving on to their RTX line. Considering it's refurbished, I still get great performance and stability.
I'll post pictures when I can on my phone.
i'd say you can find a gtx 1080 for $350-400 quite easily, but a 1070 is slight slower but way more affordable, so that was a good pick ig
enjoy your new setup ^^







![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)