RE: CPU upgrade for desktop 04-16-2020, 09:17 AM
#6
(04-16-2020, 04:46 AM)mothered Wrote:(04-15-2020, 06:05 PM)YassinowHacks Wrote:(04-15-2020, 11:21 AM)logan1122 Wrote: why gone for T and not for K ? and if it is for desktop go for i7. This is 2020 bro. already 10th gen is out. you should at least go for 8th or 9th gen. I wont suggest 10th yet. But after all you better know your usages. Good luck.
1st: T, because of the low TDP value. Idk if my PSU can handle a i7 7700k.
2nd: I don't think i can use a i7 9700k on my motherboard. it's an Intel B150.
I taught i couldn't go any higher than 7th gen with CPU socket: lga_1151
(04-13-2020, 03:47 AM)mothered Wrote: Will this suffice your computing tasks?I hope so, it's atleast an upgrade
Evaluate the computing tasks you're not only running now, but also In the foreseeable future.
Technology and demand on system resources moves fast, so you want to make sure you've made the right choice with your purchase.
I think that's the best advice. Surely, whether an upgrade is going to work for you, would entirely depend on what you need it for?
You don't walk into a shoe shop and buy just any pair of shoes, you buy trainers/sneakers for fitness/everyday wear or sandals for the summer etc. PC parts have their strengths and weaknesses for different tasks too.
Let us know what you use your PC for and then you may get better suggestions.
![[Image: 4GNsK67.png]](http://i.imgur.com/4GNsK67.png)
























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)