Login Register






Mapping police hotspots filter_list
Author
Message
Mapping police hotspots #1
So, I recently found a source for raw data coming from my local police department's database (legal source, but not disclosing it). I originally wanted it so that I could map crime hotspots, and the result was the following webapp

[Image: yZZdIur.png]

To get that map I throw out a lot of data, including:

Welfare checks
suicide attempts
medical calls
fire
traffic
commercial alarms
a bunch of unknown types
anything to do with juveniles

I then realized, I have traffic stop data, and I can look at just that data over a period of 30 days and map out hotspots where the cops patrol. The result was the following (made by hand) map

[Image: v0kweyN.png]

Notes: each point represents a specific coordinate where 3 or more stops were made in the last month. shaded areas are where those points all come within 1,000ft of each other

Let me know what you all think about the idea.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 03:47 AM by phyrrus9.)

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Mapping police hotspots - by phyrrus9 - 01-15-2020, 03:33 AM
RE: Mapping police hotspots - by phyrrus9 - 01-16-2020, 06:38 PM
RE: Mapping police hotspots - by Drako - 01-16-2020, 06:48 PM
RE: Mapping police hotspots - by phyrrus9 - 01-16-2020, 06:52 PM