Login Register






new computer filter_list
Author
Message
RE: new computer #15
(01-06-2020, 06:08 AM)Losi Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:02 AM)mothered Wrote: Good choice with the VC- RX 5700 XT. It should handle just about any game you throw at It.

If the MOBO can accommodate It, I strongly suggest opting for 32 GB of Ram. All my systems are running that, with the exception of one and I'm continually flushing It's memory due to running low. I've just done that on the PC I'm typing this post, and will run out pretty soon.

Spoiler:
[Image: aUXkNLq.png]

Ya I'll upgrade to 32 gb eventually. I run minimal OS so I hover around 4-6 gigs usage most of the time. Hosting servers or VMs do tend to use much of my 16 gb. Will update as fresh hardware is acquired.

Agree. Whether to upgrade, does depend on one's overall usability.

When running simultaneous VMs, particularly "Hyper-V" that's native to selected editions and versions of the Windows platform, the availability of Ram Is crucial. I've ran three VMs at the same time using Hyper-V, and they consumed around 8 GB of Ram. Along with my other active tasks, 16 GB did not suffice. I had to periodically terminate & resume sessions- just to release/flush my system's memory.

On my main system running 32 GB, at the time of this post, I have one VM active and 3 browsers with around 40 tabs opened In total. It's nice to see 21 GB of available Ram.
Spoiler:
[Image: avhs7zh.png]
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply





Messages In This Thread
new computer - by Losi - 01-04-2020, 08:55 AM
RE: new computer - by mothered - 01-04-2020, 11:02 AM
RE: new computer - by Losi - 01-06-2020, 06:08 AM
RE: new computer - by mothered - 01-06-2020, 08:06 AM
RE: new computer - by hacxx - 01-04-2020, 02:14 PM
RE: new computer - by mothered - 01-04-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: new computer - by hacxx - 01-04-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: new computer - by Drako - 01-04-2020, 04:53 PM
RE: new computer - by mothered - 01-05-2020, 03:18 AM
RE: new computer - by Drako - 01-05-2020, 03:37 AM
RE: new computer - by mothered - 01-05-2020, 07:01 AM
RE: new computer - by Losi - 01-05-2020, 06:43 AM
RE: new computer - by critikal17 - 01-05-2020, 03:56 AM
RE: new computer - by Drako - 01-05-2020, 04:13 AM
RE: new computer - by critikal17 - 01-05-2020, 04:24 AM
RE: new computer - by taylostolo - 01-07-2020, 02:28 AM
RE: new computer - by mothered - 01-07-2020, 03:26 AM
RE: new computer - by Losi - 01-07-2020, 04:37 AM
RE: new computer - by mothered - 01-07-2020, 04:48 AM
RE: new computer - by Losi - 01-07-2020, 06:07 AM
RE: new computer - by mothered - 01-07-2020, 06:23 AM
RE: new computer - by Oni - 01-07-2020, 08:36 AM