RE: What's Your Favorite Desktop Environment? 07-28-2013, 02:16 AM
#5
(07-28-2013, 12:58 AM)ryan Wrote: I've used Debian with XFCE forever (Check my old YT vids), but lately I've been using unity - and it's not that awful. XFCE was nice because it was fast and highly custimizable. On the other hand, I'm enjoying using Unity simply because It's different then most the other DEs and WMs for Linux. Many people complain that it's a resource hog and buggy, and I admit that I have experienced a few crashes. This being said, Unity still seems to run lag free on my aged laptop (old Pentium proccessor, 3 gbs ram).
Oh, and blah blah blah Potato blah.
Edit: @Omni, why do you hate Gnome? I assume you're reffering to Gnome 3, and I find that people who hate Gnome 3 usually dislike KDE as well.
Too much like OS X and Windows 8. I like having everything on the desktop.












![[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/7ajmN5P.jpg)
![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)