Login Register






Should I install Linux ?! filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Should I install Linux ?! #13
I suggest you just go all out and install bare-bones (no DE) Debian and set it up from the ground up. This way you learn the very basics of Linux, which will likely be a useful skill set for hacking. Also, as is probably said a many time before, cybersecurity tools on Linux are the very much better. In terms of performance, a bare-bones install of Debian can be way friendlier on the 2GB of RAM that is inside your computer, just don't install gnome or some other heavy DE. I suggest XFCE since it is light-weight but still a DE to take care of certain aspects that might confuse n00bs (like drivers, mounting, and configuration files). I'd say use it as your main OS, not in a VM to ensure good performance, and to stop you from backing out Wink
- Jarlold <3

[+] 1 user Likes jarlold's post
Reply





Messages In This Thread
Should I install Linux ?! - by Jokerino - 10-13-2019, 02:53 AM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by mothered - 10-13-2019, 03:19 AM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by retroplayer - 10-13-2019, 03:52 AM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by Jokerino - 10-13-2019, 04:46 AM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by mothered - 10-13-2019, 06:52 AM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by Glitterhell - 06-05-2020, 11:06 PM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by Cr3aTor - 10-13-2019, 12:34 PM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by Sikom - 10-13-2019, 02:16 PM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by Jokerino - 10-13-2019, 03:41 PM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by Nork0i - 10-23-2019, 03:20 PM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by Nyx - 10-23-2019, 03:51 PM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by mothered - 10-23-2019, 07:45 PM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by jarlold - 12-14-2019, 11:11 PM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by HakeemSW - 01-18-2020, 02:53 PM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by a636 - 05-10-2020, 04:18 PM
RE: Should I install Linux ?! - by xehir32406 - 06-08-2020, 11:46 AM