Login Register






What can you do after your Windows 7 service ends? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: What can you do after your Windows 7 service ends? #17
(10-03-2019, 12:39 PM)Kludge Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:23 PM)mothered Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:09 PM)Kludge Wrote: I keep my Windows running perfectly by only using Windows in VM and keeping regular snapshots.

I've used snapshots and whilst they serve their purpose well, they have failed at the best of times.

As such, I simply backup the VHD and mount It as needed. The process takes less than a minute.
I've never had a snapshot fail on me... You've probably been VMing a bit longer than I, though. I've found total disk backups to be useful only if like, a drive is failing and you can make a VHD image of it and mount it to a VM with the former PCs specs.
Highly useful, actually.

I've been heavily using VMs for close to 15 years, with a few snapshots failing during critical times of need.

In terms of backing up the VHD, simply copy & paste It to another directory and mount It when needed.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: What can you do after your Windows 7 service ends? - by mothered - 10-04-2019, 03:38 AM