RE: Enjoying that 25Mbps internet speed, America? Oh, it's just 6Mbps? 09-15-2019, 11:40 AM
#34
(09-15-2019, 08:08 AM)mothered Wrote:(09-14-2019, 04:46 PM)Magnetron Wrote:(09-14-2019, 04:59 AM)mothered Wrote: There Is no ISP, that can guarantee nor provide It's "peak" speed at 100% on a "consistent" basis.
I don't expect the peak speed 24/7. I expect 75% of the peak speed to occur the majority of the time. What I do NOT expect is the minimum speed twenty-four-fucking-seven. Anyone who offers 20% of 5 mbps 99% of the time should not advertise it as 5 mbps to begin with.
Imagine being advertised a car that can, maybe, once in a blue moon reach 50 mph but you'll only hear about the "can, maybe, once in a blue moon" part after you already spent 40 grand on it.
These pieces of shit should be prosecuted.
I totally agree, my post was more so stating a fact, nothing more.
Ultimately, you're paying for a service that fails to deliver as per the contractual agreement.
Indeed, but the problem is that there is a loophole. Deep in the pages-long contract it guarantees a "minimum speed" of 20%. As long as they always provide that minimum speed, they are covered. But they exploit this to only give you this minimum speed the majority of the time.
I'm no lawyer, but they should still be sued for violating the spirit of the contract. To advertize a certain speed and then only provide its minimum is a ridiculous interpretation to expect any normal person to make.




![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)