RE: Cowbow Bebop - Netflix Drama Announces Initial Casting 05-15-2019, 02:05 PM
#7
(05-14-2019, 11:04 PM)Oni Wrote:(05-14-2019, 06:37 PM)Jiggly Wrote:(05-14-2019, 02:07 PM)Oni Wrote: Cowboy Bebop should be getting a Netflix Drama in the near future. Excited, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
Source: https://otakumode.com/news/5ca704c39c6a0...al-Casting!
The people they chose to cast with seem like very strange choices. This makes me fairly nervous about how the show will turn out. However, I did find some info elsewhere which has me interested:
Code:The first two episodes are set to be directed by Alex Garcia Lopez (Marvel’s Daredevil and The Punisher, Netflix’s forthcoming The Witcher series). The pilot will be written by another person with some Marvel cred, Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok). And in case you’re worried about this reboot straying too far from the original anime (a legitimate concern), the director of the animated series, Shinichiro Watanabe, has signed on as a consultant.
Given that Watanabe will consult with them, makes me more optimistic. That said, I can totally see it being a flop.
I'm also wondering... how on earth are they going to cast Ed?
![[Image: 4GNsK67.png]](http://i.imgur.com/4GNsK67.png)























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)