RE: Here is a basic tutorial on making a batch files. 04-27-2019, 08:44 PM
#7
(04-27-2019, 10:16 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote:(04-26-2019, 11:25 PM)darkninja1980 Wrote:(04-26-2019, 10:55 PM)_Drako Wrote: I used to know, and mess around with batch. Nowadays, batch is basically useless. It can't do much and is outdated.
even if it is outdated right. it still important for someone to learn it.
I must admit that batch can come in handy to automate some simple commands. If you need to set firewall rules/install a service then it's pretty easy to use batch. Though powershell is getting more popular then batch. They both do seperate things, but if you're interested in batch, I would also recommend you learn Bash. It's still not that hard to learn but feels already more like a programming language than batch does. It's pretty easy to get a bash shell on Windows too if you don't want to install Linux.
Thank you for the input. that will help others in learning about both Batch and also bash.
My IT skills that I know perfect is SQL, HTML ,css ,wordpress, PHP.
coding skills that I know is Java, JavaScript and C#
coding skills that I know is Java, JavaScript and C#











![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)