RE: Why you should worry about cheap Chinese phones and other hardware 12-22-2018, 05:58 AM
#24
(12-22-2018, 05:31 AM)O9A Wrote:(12-22-2018, 05:08 AM)mothered Wrote:(12-22-2018, 04:57 AM)O9A Wrote: Nothing seems to have remained and I'm going to swap back to linux once I've fixed the graphical errors, new hardware, old linux with no drivers
If It were myself, for peace of mind, I'd Instantly hit a clean Installation of Windows.
If you're organized with drivers, software etc, It'll only take 90 minutes at the max before you're up and running again.
That's what I did to be honest, reset everything, it came up as a network worm under VT so I was skeptical I think it may have been a piece of software bundled with an installer, I redid the windows installation and everything seems fine, now i'm having issues with the WPNService running the CPU high which has now been disabled but by the looks of it you have to disable notifications in all apps for this silly service to stop
I've overlooked the "reset" part In your earlier post.
Good move In disabling the Windows Push Notification Service. Given It communicates with developers, If you're running a VPN, It can circumvent the tunnel and establish a direct connection with Microsoft, thereby leak your IP address.














![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)