RE: What are your favourite drugs 12-15-2018, 08:15 AM
#84
(12-12-2018, 03:55 PM)Zac. Wrote:(10-15-2018, 12:56 AM)Ender Wrote: Caffeine and Lexapro
I've found it more interesting to research drugs than to take them.
(Although I guess I'm unqualified to say so, since I haven't tried any recreationally unless you count caffeine. I'm constantly on the above two though)
Seriously though, caffeine's pretty amazing; there are little negative side effects, practically no dangerous ones unless you take a ridiculous amount, and it's socially accepted.
You haven't done your research then... Dependence on anything is bad for you. Your tolerance will raise over time. As you drink more coffee the dopamine receptors in your brain will be weaker when not on coffee and you will be more fatigued due to physical and mental dependence on coffee. Try using google
There are so many more polite ways you could've said that...
Quote:Dependence on anything is bad for youThat's a huge generalization. We depend on air, is that bad?
Also, note that I said little negative side effects, not none. I should've clarified more though, there aren't really any long-term ones.
Quote:Your tolerance will raise over timeYes, that's true
Quote:As you drink more coffee the dopamine receptors in your brain will be weakerThat's an oversimplification. Also, do you have a link to the study on this? Preferably a link to a replication study as well as the original. Or, better yet, a meta-review of many studies on it.
Quote:and you will be more fatigued due to physical and mental dependence on coffee.Stop and go through withdrawals then, it'll get better pretty quickly. Furthermore, you can drink coffee without growing dependent on it, just don't do it consistently and you'll be fine.
Quote:Try using googleMost of the 'science' that you find on the first page of Google is shit, try Google Scholar instead. Not that I'm saying that you're wrong (in a lot of it, you're more or less correct), but that's not a great way to do research.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2018, 08:19 AM by Blink.)












![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)