Login Register






Instagram prototypes handing your location history to Facebook filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Instagram prototypes handing your location history to Facebook #12
(10-06-2018, 05:21 AM)mothered Wrote: Hence one of many reasons I don't deal with social media.

Never have, never will.

(10-10-2018, 05:06 AM)mothered Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 09:16 PM)arduinomeat Wrote: You may not have social media, but social media most probably have data on you. It has been revealed on the news a few years back that FB's "Like" was intrusive and was able to track you.

I remember reading a few articles on this.

That's why I have dedicated systems based on their usability. One for sensitive account logins, and absolutely no other form of navigation- log In, log out and shutdown. And others that have fingerprinting (browser, sensors, operating system, hardware, location etc) and tracking disabled & anonymized. Of course, I have not distributed any element of personal Information.

Do you use Qubes? I read good things on this OS, and it seems to me like the perfect environment to do what you describe with a single machine.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: Instagram prototypes handing your location history to Facebook - by arduinomeat - 10-11-2018, 09:53 AM