RE: Moving to USA/Australia to work 10-11-2018, 12:53 AM
#8
(10-11-2018, 12:21 AM)vex. Wrote: I live in Australia!
I highly suggest not to move to Sydney as it is very expensive to live. Melbourne is one of the "most liveable cities" but it's cold and depressing as hell. I personally live near Brisbane, this area is quite cheap, and close to places like the Gold Coast. Anywhere in the North of Queensland have cyclones yearly, farm-land in Victoria and NSW have many bush fires a year.
Banter is common in Australia, words like Cunt is oftenly thrown around like the word "shit", and bar talk is usually playful.
Australia is quite safe, have friendly people and mostly open-arms. We do have our fair share of racist, but depending on your skin colour, if it occurs, just ignore them, they are 99% harmless,.
This is a broad discussion, but if you have any questions, like others above, I'm happy to send replies to your questions
I think I need to get a year work visa I’m not sure if you’d know about this but would be helpful if you could confirm. Also, would you say it would be easy for someone with a semi-Irish accent to get a job in a bar? Lol
Bronze Member- 29 September 2018
Silver Member - 07 October 2018
Gold Member - 17 October 2018
-------------------------------------
Silver Member - 07 October 2018
Gold Member - 17 October 2018
-------------------------------------





![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)