Login Register






Best choice of phone for end of 2018? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Best choice of phone for end of 2018? #17
(09-23-2018, 02:38 PM)Cr3aTor Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 01:27 PM)dark_net Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 10:17 PM)darkninja1980 Wrote: to be honest I am not a fan of any smartphone.  why because they can track your location.

Is that really such a bad thing though? I mean who is going to want to track you?
I think it's bad, because nowadays you have always with you a device that knows your location, can see phone calls, messages, some apps access the camera, microphone, images, etc. So this location tracking feature is another way to invade your privacy and gather as much data as they can. I'm not quite sure about this, but I think even if you choose to disable the GPS feature it's still going to work. As @mothered said, this is beyond the user's control.

A lot of regular users are saying: "If i'm not doing anything wrong, i have nothing to hide. So I'm okay with this."
As i see this situation, those people are fine with the fact that somebody can know their personal lives, family, location, thus anybody being able to make a psychological profile and maybe use it against them.

I didnt consider this, you make a good point
~this post is fictitious; I am playing a persona~

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Best choice of phone for end of 2018? - by Nyx - 09-22-2018, 10:10 PM
RE: Best choice of phone for end of 2018? - by Tibo inc - 09-23-2018, 03:11 PM