Login Register






Red Star OS filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Red Star OS #5
(09-12-2018, 03:51 PM)redspyder Wrote: Anyone have experience with North Korea's Red Start OS?

I wanted to play around with it but obviously don't want to risk north korea knowing everything about me.

I played around with it years ago. It's just a heavily modified copy of fedora themed to look like macos. As for their web filtering stuff, it's a loadable extension that, at least in the version I used, had to be installed and enabled separately. I wouldn't worry about it being connected to the internet as you probably don't want to use it as an OS anyways, with everything from the UI to the console messages being in korean it's not useful for much other than novelty.

[+] 1 user Likes phyrrus9's post
Reply





Messages In This Thread
Red Star OS - by redspyder - 09-12-2018, 03:51 PM
RE: Red Star OS - by mothered - 09-12-2018, 04:22 PM
RE: Red Star OS - by redspyder - 09-12-2018, 04:26 PM
RE: Red Star OS - by mothered - 09-12-2018, 04:38 PM
RE: Red Star OS - by phyrrus9 - 09-12-2018, 05:07 PM
RE: Red Star OS - by redspyder - 09-12-2018, 07:33 PM
RE: Red Star OS - by phyrrus9 - 09-12-2018, 08:10 PM