Login Register






Is my CPU going to explode? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? #23
(08-09-2018, 08:45 AM)mothered Wrote:
(08-09-2018, 08:32 AM)M00N66 Wrote:
(08-09-2018, 08:28 AM)mothered Wrote: Do you've already created a custom power plan (High performance) to no avail?

Yeah nothing much changes. I mean this thing feels too powerful for it's own good. I will say the charger is a requirement for games. I can start a game like STALKER Call of Pripyat wiith no charger. 30fps. I plug in Charger, 300+ FPS, Brightness goes up, Fans Kick In, my NVIDIA 1050ti starts rolling, and my cpu turns into a molotov cocktail lmao!

Boot Into the BIOS and have a look under Power management/Power options (or some variant).

See If there's a CPU power configuration. Next to each setting, there will be the option to enable/disable and/or create a custom setting. Some BIOS manufacturers also have a battery calibration, so check that out too.

Yeah the power management section wasn't much help in that regard. However I found a setting called Turboboost, which may play a role in the exponential peformance increases I am getting. I guess I should embrace this lappy's toasty personality. Haha, a nice cooling pad and some modifications I have planned will make this interesting. I want to utilize the Thunderbolt Port and attach an external GPU. That could get intersting.
Need help with anything involving servers, network troubleshooting, primitive hosting, etc? Message me!
Fund my pathetic existence on this planet:
BTC: 1MdDhBGWRQFrfuiXZR7eiJjt9mCmGvNFts

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Is my CPU going to explode? - by M00N66 - 08-07-2018, 07:19 PM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by Burnsy420 - 08-07-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by M00N66 - 08-07-2018, 09:01 PM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by Burnsy420 - 08-07-2018, 09:11 PM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by Jiggly - 08-07-2018, 09:54 PM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by M00N66 - 08-07-2018, 09:59 PM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by Skullmeat - 08-07-2018, 11:44 PM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by Vultra - 08-08-2018, 01:25 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by M00N66 - 08-08-2018, 02:23 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by skrtja - 08-08-2018, 02:54 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by mothered - 08-08-2018, 04:03 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by M00N66 - 08-08-2018, 07:34 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by mothered - 08-08-2018, 07:53 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by M00N66 - 08-08-2018, 06:39 PM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by mothered - 08-09-2018, 04:04 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by M00N66 - 08-09-2018, 07:56 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by mothered - 08-09-2018, 08:28 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by M00N66 - 08-09-2018, 08:32 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by mothered - 08-09-2018, 08:45 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by M00N66 - 08-09-2018, 08:56 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by mothered - 08-09-2018, 10:52 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by M00N66 - 08-11-2018, 09:56 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by mothered - 08-11-2018, 11:14 AM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by DragonicRek - 08-08-2018, 08:00 PM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by Suiziide - 08-08-2018, 08:14 PM
RE: Is my CPU going to explode? - by Pixell - 08-09-2018, 11:20 AM