Unhackable Crypto-Wallet Allegedly Hacked In A Week 08-04-2018, 11:49 AM
#1
Greetings to all,
A 250,000$ bounty offered to compromise an unhackable cryptocurrency wallet, has apparently been hacked, thereby gaining root access. However, the hack Is being denied on the following grounds:
I know my views on the matter hence If I were In the hacker's shoes, I'd definitely demand the bounty.
Source.
A 250,000$ bounty offered to compromise an unhackable cryptocurrency wallet, has apparently been hacked, thereby gaining root access. However, the hack Is being denied on the following grounds:
Quote:McAfee disagreed that root access constitutes a hack.
I know my views on the matter hence If I were In the hacker's shoes, I'd definitely demand the bounty.
Quote:Someone claims to have successfully hacked an "unhackable" cryptocurrency wallet.
A self-described IT geek in the Netherlands who goes by @OverSoftNL on Twitter tweeted Wednesday about gaining root access to a crypto-wallet, which antivirus software pioneer John McAfee and hardware crypto-wallet maker Bitfi said had "absolute" security.
Last week, McAfee said he'd entered into a partnership with Bitfi to offer a $100,000 bounty to anyone that could hack a Bitfi wallet. The bounty was later raised to $250,000. Participation in the challenge required the purchase of a $120 Bitfi wallet, preloaded with cryptocurrency.
We have root access, a patched firmware and can confirm the BitFi wallet still connect happily to the dashboard," @OverSoftNL tweeted.
Source.














![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)