RE: What kind of computer do you use? 07-31-2018, 06:02 AM
#17
My last build was in 2015/2016 @ Christmas time. yea!!!
I got a deepcool case,cheap case looks nice though,
Asus ROG VIII ranger z170 mobo
i5 6600k
16 gb corsair dominator planetarium ddr4
pny 250 gb ssd
gtx 960 ftw 4 gb
evga nova 850 watt psu
cooler master air cooler
3x 2560x1080 LG monitors
g510 keyboard
some stupid usb mouse with fish and ocean painted on it.
and a panda wireless adapter that can capture packets
its not much but its really the most powerful machine ive built to date. it all cost me around 1200$ and I got most of it on sale or open box.
the gpu is stock overclocked so i dont get to play with that much, i tried its not stable with any more adjusting,
the cpu is one powerful cpu... got it running 4.5 ghz on air idols around upper 20's to lower 30's and under full load, never seen it get over 60* at room temp. I keep the case side cover off.
Next upgrade may be an i7 with HT and next time a really nice gpu, like a 1070 or 1080 grade. I cant see upgrading from here atm, I would add a second gpu though if it were identical, and could. maybe, upgrade the cpu to a skylake i7...
I need another 16 gb of ram but got the 16gb for 100$ and now its 250$ for that... so im hesitating. may not upgrade this at all except the second gpu, maybe used... christmas time.
I got a deepcool case,cheap case looks nice though,
Asus ROG VIII ranger z170 mobo
i5 6600k
16 gb corsair dominator planetarium ddr4
pny 250 gb ssd
gtx 960 ftw 4 gb
evga nova 850 watt psu
cooler master air cooler
3x 2560x1080 LG monitors
g510 keyboard
some stupid usb mouse with fish and ocean painted on it.
and a panda wireless adapter that can capture packets
its not much but its really the most powerful machine ive built to date. it all cost me around 1200$ and I got most of it on sale or open box.
the gpu is stock overclocked so i dont get to play with that much, i tried its not stable with any more adjusting,
the cpu is one powerful cpu... got it running 4.5 ghz on air idols around upper 20's to lower 30's and under full load, never seen it get over 60* at room temp. I keep the case side cover off.
Next upgrade may be an i7 with HT and next time a really nice gpu, like a 1070 or 1080 grade. I cant see upgrading from here atm, I would add a second gpu though if it were identical, and could. maybe, upgrade the cpu to a skylake i7...
I need another 16 gb of ram but got the 16gb for 100$ and now its 250$ for that... so im hesitating. may not upgrade this at all except the second gpu, maybe used... christmas time.


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)