Login Register






How do I delete my Kali partitions filter_list
Author
Message
RE: How do I delete my Kali partitions #22
(07-28-2018, 06:52 AM)mothered Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 06:19 AM)M00N66 Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 04:41 AM)mothered Wrote: If you use the OEM's Recovery partition, you will not need to Install any drivers- they're Included In the partition.

I also recommend Installing via the manufacturer's website. The drivers could come from any source when using tools that scan your system and Install thereafter. That aside, Snappy Driver Installer Is totally free (GPLV3 licensed) and does the job well.

If I just reinstalled windows, would that OEM still have the retail drivers? If so how do I boot into OEM? I am so tired right now I just want this fixed tbh.

I understand your exhaustion, this can be quite frustrating.

This relates to both Windows 8 & Windows 10. To reset your PC using the OEM Recovery partition, you need to access the "Advanced Startup Options". From there, you choose "Troubleshoot > Reset This PC".

There's a few ways to get Into the Advanced Startup Options, but I'll only name a couple.

(1). By default, after ex-amount of forced boot up attempts, Windows will automatically go to the Advanced Startup Options. You can purposely keep rebooting via the power button and force a reboot. Given this Is not standard practice, Windows will Identify just that and take you to the Advanced Startup Options.

(2). In the Windows environment, enter "settings" (no quotes) In the Start menu's search bar, click on "Update & security > Recovery" and you will see "Advanced Startup". Click "Restart now".

Here's mine on Windows 10.
Spoiler:
[Image: psqV7vD.png]


Follow the prompts thereafter.

Keep my files or remove everything? I don't care about files I care about the drivers the laptop came with. Literally my 1050ti is bricked at the moment. I need my retail drivers pre-installed.
Need help with anything involving servers, network troubleshooting, primitive hosting, etc? Message me!
Fund my pathetic existence on this planet:
BTC: 1MdDhBGWRQFrfuiXZR7eiJjt9mCmGvNFts

Reply





Messages In This Thread
How do I delete my Kali partitions - by M00N66 - 07-28-2018, 01:21 AM
RE: How do I delete my Kali partitions - by M00N66 - 07-28-2018, 06:58 AM