Login Register






Is coding your hobby, or your career? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Is coding your hobby, or your career? #13
(07-21-2018, 09:36 AM)Percent Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 09:34 AM)reGEN Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 09:15 AM)Percent Wrote: There are many people who love programming, but when they get a career out of it, they absolutely hate it. I think that it is because when you program as your hobby, you can create whatever you want, and at your own pace; when you program for your job, you are creating whatever your boss tells you to create and there might be a deadline involved.

Yeah, I feel the same way for school. But programming isn't a thing that I feel like I can get enjoyment out of doing because it feels more like a tool to me, like you don't necessarily "enjoy" using a hammer but it's something that you just simply use if I'm making any sense at all.

I totally understand what you mean. What do you use programming for, anyway?

Most of what I do is research Windows internals and then I come up with a proof-of-concept development project that involves aspects of cyber security in some way.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: Is coding your hobby, or your career? - by reGEN - 07-21-2018, 09:43 AM