RE: What kind of computer do you use? 07-14-2018, 09:17 AM
#13
(07-14-2018, 08:55 AM)mothered Wrote:(07-14-2018, 08:30 AM)Percent Wrote:(07-14-2018, 04:10 AM)mothered Wrote: You'd probably say I could've built an awesome desktop box and rightly so.
It was (as still Is) worth around 3k, but I paid 2,400$. That's the most expensive of the lot. The other 5 Predators range between 1,700$ - 2,100$.
That's a big amount of money, but I guess it is very well worth it. I would love to buy a computer like that! My cousin has a $10,000 computer, and he has (if I remember correctly) a $400 racing simulator video game for it, and has an entire setup with a clutch pedal, brake, accelerator, steering wheel, stick shift, and the like. I checked it out before and it's incredible with his massive monitor.
Now that's one Insane setup. I've yet to hear of anyone having anything remotely close to It. It's simply a gamer's dream.
My systems were upgraded around 6 months ago (13k all up), and It's the best Investment I made. Running Quad Cores, SSDs, 32GB Of Ram, GTX1060 (and the 1070 on a couple) Is heaven. One froze the other day and a cold boot literally took around 8 seconds- fully functional Into the Windows environment with all services, processes, applications etc active.
That is indeed like heaven! You made me realize how old my laptop is; over eight years old. That is like a senior citizen in the computing world, and I should look into buying one of those high-end laptops.
My cousin makes a good amount of money at his job; developing firmware, drivers, and low-level code for devices.


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)