RE: Unlocking phones in contract 07-10-2018, 05:59 AM
#12
(07-10-2018, 05:47 AM)bruisedwitch Wrote:(07-10-2018, 05:05 AM)mothered Wrote: @bruisedwitch, perhaps my previous post was overlooked.
Given you're willing to pay, stating the obvious, are there any stores In your area that offer this service? In my experience, most PC suppliers also unlock phones so It's worth looking at that as an alternative.
I’m not aware of anywhere that will unlock devices that have not been paid off yet. I have one year left in my contract. I’m in Vegas btw.
It may well depend on locality and the phone carrier.
Where I reside, friends have unlocked their device that was still under contract via a local cell phone store, who also does repairs and the like. Some carriers offer a cheaper fee to pay out the contract when the account holder Is (In your case seemingly) In financial hardship. See If that can be achieved with your carrier, and then weight the cost of unlocking the phone against paying off the contract at a discount rate.














![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)