RE: How to disable automatic updates in Windows 10 07-07-2018, 07:07 AM
#73
(07-07-2018, 07:00 AM)Percent Wrote:(07-07-2018, 06:56 AM)mothered Wrote:(07-07-2018, 06:36 AM)Percent Wrote: You should try switching to something like Linux as your primary operating system. Then, you will almost always be able to update without rebooting. When the time would indeed come to have to reboot, just stop updating, I guess.
Whilst I certainly agree, the Issue on my end Is compatibility with tools and applications- all are dedicated to the Windows platform.
Having said that, I do have Linux running on simultaneous VMs and given my hardware can well and truly accommodate It, there's minimal difference In functionality and stability to that of a physical machine.
You could even use Wine on Linux, which would most likely be able to run your Windows software.
Absolutely. I'm not sure whether every Windows application and tool can execute In Wine, though.
I've yet to delve Into the updates In Linux. Is It similar to that of Windows, whereby It's disabled with a click of the mouse? I assume (as you've mentioned), most Linux Distros do not require a reboot.














![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)