RE: How to disable automatic updates in Windows 10 07-07-2018, 06:36 AM
#70
(07-07-2018, 03:57 AM)mothered Wrote:(07-06-2018, 07:57 PM)Percent Wrote:(07-06-2018, 11:00 AM)mothered Wrote: You're not the first who's mentioned this, and certainly won't be the last.
Although I personally harden my OS with rules, policies etc, no doubt there are Important security patches from time to time, but I've yet to experience any Issues by neglecting to perform updates. And that's been over a decade to date.
Well, as long as you have had no issues, I guess if it ain't broken, don't fix it.
Further to my aforementioned posts, I haven't got the time nor the patience to wait around for updates to complete.
Moreover, I cannot afford to terminate my sessions with reboots. Personally, Windows updates are a major Inconvenience.
That makes perfect sense. You should try switching to something like Linux as your primary operating system. Then, you will almost always be able to update without rebooting. When the time would indeed come to have to reboot, just stop updating, I guess.



![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)