Login Register






How to disable automatic updates in Windows 10 filter_list
Author
Message
RE: How to disable automatic updates in Windows 10 #39
(07-06-2018, 06:15 AM)mothered Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 05:56 AM)Percent Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 05:47 AM)mothered Wrote: At least with open source (aside from the said Issues), you have some Insight of what you're dealing with.

Microsoft has significantly declined with the nature of It's services over the years, namely In a negative manner to the end user/consumer.

Honestly, Microsoft has turned from a half-decent company into a literal plague. I remember back when I used Skype, it was not a bad piece of software. But then, when Microsoft bought it (when it got
"infected" by Microsoft), it got spammed with advertisements and didn't even work on their own operating systems (Windows 7 primarily). Windows, especially Windows XP, was a great OS, but now we have Windows 10.

It's as if Microsoft downgraded their own operating system, because back in the old days I remember opening the control panel and it took a quarter of a second to launch. However, when I try to launch the "Settings" app in Windows 10, it takes almost ten seconds to do so.

There was actually a time when a U.S. government agent (possibly working for the NSA, cannot remember) asked Linus Torvalds to put some kind of malware into his open source Linux kernel. I think he ignored him or something like that, but if the U.S. government wanted to tag something as open and as non-widely used as Linux, one cannot doubt that the NSA already has spyware in the closed-source Windows operating system.

EDIT: Found the old articles:

https://www.infoworld.com/article/270274...linux.html

https://www.transcend.org/tms/2013/11/ns...-gnulinux/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nils_Torva..._statement

Excellent resources you've provided, much the same with your feedback. In my views, I believe there's some element of a backdoor In most software/distributions, hence I don't trust (example "BitLocker") anything native to a given OS.

I've been a heavy user of the Windows platform, long before the birth of some members on this board. The good old 16 Bit Windows 3.1 (by memory, back In the early 90s) were the days when Microsoft had some decency toward the end user. In fact, I still have the OS In a bootable ISO file. Have a guess at what the file's capacity Is?

Windows 3.1? What the hell is that? xD

The file's capacity must be... ten to a thousand megabytes?

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: How to disable automatic updates in Windows 10 - by Percent - 07-06-2018, 06:20 AM